The Partnership for Development Assistance in the Philippines Inc (formerly known as Philippine Development Assistance Programme, Inc.), started as a consortium of Filipino and Canadian non-government organizations (NGOs). It was founded in 1986 as a non-stock, non-profit organization, to become an effective instrument in reducing poverty and inequity in the Philippines. PDAP prides itself in having 6 member networks with more than 300 community-based members and partner NGOs. PDAP has distinguished itself in promoting and developing rural enterprises for poverty reduction and as a tool in promoting peace in conflict-affected areas.
Waves 2004 to present
Waves period that talks about the birth of a new PDAP, one that is ready to go out on its own and forge new paths without straying from its original intent to help free the rural poor from the tight grip of poverty.
Waves: Success Stories
- Sultan Kudarat Muscovado Farmers and Millers Corp. The Sultan of Muscovado:Reaching Industry Heights
- Sitangkai Seaweeds Export Co.: Seaweeds Rising in the Land Below the Wind
- Malahutayong Kahiusahan sa mga Kababayenan sa Bukidnon: Because Women Can Lead and Lead Well
- Bukidnon Organic Products Corporation: Selling Organic
- Development Bank of the Philippines:A Meeting of Minds and Hearts